CNC Router Machine 4040-XE
SKU: CNC-4040-XE |
- 4040-XE CNC Router uses 300W spindle and NEMA23 stepper motors, which are more powerful and efficient. Max moving speed is 2000mm/min and spindle speed range is 0~10000.
- Control board, power supply, emergency stop, and wires are integrated into a newly design box, which is simple for operation, easy to clean and safe. The controller has a 3.5” touchscreen LCD which also functions as an offline controller.
- It’s capable to engrave, cut and drill many different kinds of material such as wood, metal, MDF, acrylic, foam, resin, nylon, fiber carbon, PCB and etc. It’s great for home use and business.
- Large engravable area of 15.75”x15.75”x2.17” (400x400x55mm). It’s capable to handle both small and large material. The CNC machine is based on GRBL, it is compatible with GRBL-control software.
- Easy assembly. Main parts are pre-assembled, it only takes 15-30mins to fully assembly. Wires are labeled clearly for fast connection and bundled into drag chain for easy management.
*Due to the large demand, the UK order of the CNC 4040-XE is expected to be shipped by the end of December 2023.
FoxAlien 4040-XE is an CNC router with large engraving area of 15.75”x15.75”x2.17” (400x400x55mm), which has a powerful 300W spindle and support up to 15000mW laser module.
4040-XE is an extreme and advanced CNC router in FoxAlien family. With the powerful spindle and stepper motors, it has better performance and high accuracy in engraving and cutting different types of material.
- Model: 4040-XE
- Active Working Area: 15.75 x 15.75 x 2.17 inch (400*400*55mm)
- Spindle Power: 300W
- Stepper Motor: NEMA 23
- Accuracy: 0.1mm
- Maximum Moving Speed: 2000mm/min
- Input Voltage: 110V/220V
- Input Current: 110V/10A; 220V/5A
- Control Method: Computer & Controller
- Support Software: Compatible with Grbl-control software
- Support OS: Windows XP/7/8/10, Linux, Mac OS
- Machine Size: 29.92 x 24.4 x 14.17 inch (760*620*360mm)
- 1x 4040-XE CNC Router (main parts pre-assembled)
- 1x Controller
- 1x 300W Spindle
- 1x MDF working table
- 10x Engraving Bits
- 10x Nano Blue Coating End Mills (0.8mm-3.175mm, 1/8” shank)
- 4x Hold-down Clamps
- 1x Power Supply
- 1x USB Card Reader
- 1x Memory Card
- 1x Z Probe
- 1x User Manual
- Packs of screws and tools
There is so much information available for this machine that it would be difficult to have problems with setup. For me a better spindle was essential and I installed a Makita. The stock spindle is ok for light work but not when using 1/4 bits on harder materials. My only issues were that the threaded holes in the chassis cross members that secure the spoil board are oversize and it is very easy to strip them, especially if one intends to change spoil board frequently. I have to do that as I machine larger items that require clearance below the table. Re-threading to 6mm solved the problem. The gantry has a little flex with the heavier spindle and I notice that return to physical work zero isn’t always exact. The position indicators are correct, but the bit is sometimes out by 0.1 X or Y.
Otherwise I’m very happy with the machine. It is perfect for jobs where absolute precision isn’t necessary and I’ll keep it for that work, but I will spend the money and but something better in due course.
I've had all of these ideas in my head that I needed a CNC machine to test. The 4040xe was the answer. Setup was about 30 minutes. It took me a couple of tries to get the test file to carve. After I figured that out I carved a custom image and it came out just right. I'm currently very pleased with the purchase. I just need to see how long it holds up.
Buyed on amazon, it's a very nice machine, easy to assembly, come from 5 years of 3D printing, i'm not lost, just look some YouTube videos, and you are ready, to do you're first engrave, a lot of projects, can doed with this awesome machine, i recommand it ! :D
Would have given 5 star's but limit switch won't work on back left side the rest work just fine
Love it glad I purchased it so far so good
A big upgrade from my generic CNC 3018.
Shipping and packaging were both excellent. I was able to assemble the cnc in less than an hour. The parts fit perfectly with no misalignment. The hardware is packaged in a divided tray and clearly marked as to which bolts go where.. The included user manual was very helpful and easy to follow. Great picture's made the assembly simple.
The machine was square for the most part right out of the box with no adjustments except the z axis did need a little squaring up. Very simple procedure. Be sure to use the bottom holes for the spindle plate. Mount the spindle about an inch below the bracket and the shorter bits will work fine.
The wiring is pre-installed in the drag chains and mount with two drag chain brackets. There is plenty of wire to use the controller on either side of the machine. All the connections are color coded and clearly marked as to what goes where.
I have been able to cut 3/4 inch material with the 300 watt spindle but this can be upgraded to a Dewalt or makita router with a different bracket.
The 4040 xe runs flawless with Easel software as the post processor. When setting up with Easel the first time be sure to use "other" and select FoxAlien then 4040 xe from the set up menu. Easel is very easy to learn.
I have had no problems with the machine whatsoever and would recommend it to anyone looking to get started in cnc work. Can't beat it in this price range.
So far everything is great, had a broken belt when I opened the box but thankfully they gave 2 extras so it was an easy fix. Probably more of a shipping problem than manufacture problem. I’ve only had it a couple of weeks but so far everything works like it should and it has produced great results considering my limited experience. I am experienced with diode laser and cnc is very similar as far as construction of the machine. Very happy with my purchase so far.
Just wanted to share my appreciation to FoxAlien and Albee Ye ([****]) for their continued support and excellent customer service. I would recommend their products and this support page to anyone even thinking about CNC.