FoxAlien CNC Router 3018-SE V2 with 300W Spindle Bundle Kit
SKU: CNC-3018-300W |
- This bundle includes a 3018-SE V2 CNC router and 300W spindle upgrade kit.
- This upgrade kit is designed for FoxAlien 3018-SE V2 CNC router machine. The 300W spindle can directly fit into the spindle clamp of 3018-SE V2. No need to interchange other clamp.
- It has a power switch and speed adjust button for convenient operation. Spindle speed can be adjusted manually.
- This 3018-SE has a transparent enclosure, which enable to watch the engraving process from every side. The new spindle mount not only can fit FoxAlien 5000mW and 15,000mW laser modules directly, but also can upgrade to 300W spindle directly.
- 300W spindle can handle hard material more easily such as aluminum and copper. It also improves working efficiency.
*Tips: The CNC Router and the 300W spindle will be shipped separately.
*3018-SE CNC Router covers the 1-year warranty and free lifetime customer service. Buy with confidence!
If you want a large working area CNC machine at an affordable price, we would recommend choosing the CNC Masuter . Click to learn more.
3018-SE is a CNC router machine with a newly-designed complete case. The case provides a protection to both adults and children during processing and enhances safety.
Tip: Click here to see how to start your first CNC project with 3018-SE CNC Router
- All-round protective case not only prevents dust and chips from scattering, but also keep adults and children from the high-speed rotating spindle and bit to avoid injury.
- External emergency stop button provides a fast way to abort.
Capable to Handle Varieties of Material
- Engrave/carve/cut non-metal such as wood, plywood, MDF, acrylic, plastic, PCB, resin etc.
- Engrave/carve metal such as aluminum and brass.
- Support Laser Engraving(Laser not included)
- CNC router machine is commonly used to DIY art crafts, make letters and signs and 3D relief sculpture etc.
- 3018-SE can engrave and carve PCB boards. Makers can engrave their own PCB boards at home.
- It is GRBL controlled, which is free and open-sourced. Students and CNC beginners can easily start learning CNC with 3018-SE. It helps develop practical competence.
- Support Laser Engraving(Laser not included)
- Product Size: 452*385*316mm
- Active Working Area: 278x157x 33mm / 11"x6.18"x1.3"
- Spindle: 775, 60W; 8000RPM
- Input Supply: 12V/5A
- Step Motor: 1.3 A, 12V, 0.25 Nm torque (2.2 in lb)
- Software: Compatible with all GRBL software, such as Candle, Lasergrbl, Lightburn, Easel, Inkscape, CopperCAM, Fusion360, Carbide Create, MeshCAM.
- Supported OS: Windows XP/7/8/10, MAC OS, Linux
- 1x 3018-SE V2 CNC Router Machine
- 1x Transparent Black Enclosure Case
- 1x Z Probe
- 1x Cooling Fan
- 4x Clamp
- 1x Brush
- 1x Power Supply
- 1x USB Cable
- 1x U Disk
- 1x User Manual
- 10 x Engraving Bits
- Packs of screws
- 300W spindle kit
I got a smaller one, and so far has worked well. Not quite as easy in some ways as the 3d printers I have used. Similar idea, but the opposite. The software is my only complaint. It is free, but requires other software to produce the results.I want. It works well, and was easy to put together. I think the cable management could be better, but it isn't bad. It like most things has a learning curve. The software that comes with it is simplistic, and I wish it was a little better in terms of features. I am sure it aids in the low cost of the machine though. It is a good value, and will require some toying with to make it work as I want it to work.
Must have for budget prototyping. Doesnt have the highest RPM speed but the upgraded spindle definitely has the umph behind it. Power supply is very nice in comparison to the others that you see for sale. Only complaint is the spindle speed sticker on the power supply but the least of the worries.
Complete drop in plug and play setup for the fox alien 3018 minimal effort for install.
A wonderful machine for the price. I had a little CNC background, not a ton, and was able to get this machine up and running. Of course with any CNC (even the $1M ones) there were some bugs to work out but I am very happy! I have had this machine for almost a year with no issues. I upgraded some parts (like adding external start and feed hold, reset, and E-Stop buttons or changing some bearings to sleeve type for more rigidity) without issue. Definitely a nice starter machine to build yourself up with.
The 300W spindle upgrade is a must. It made a world of difference. The Facebook group is full of incredibly helpful people to get you started. I do like how the company has a partnership program for users who design their own upgrade parts for the machine and give them a platform to sell on.
There are people who review this machine poorly for cutting. Remember, this is a $300 machine. Don’t expect results like you would from a $10,000 machine, it’s not what it was designed for. I get good accuracy and cuts off mine if you take it easy. Don’t plunge and feed hard. Slow and steady wins the race.
In all, this is a wonderful little machine and I am very glad I bought it, even if I outgrow it one day, I have learned so much on this machine. If you want to start getting into CNCs and machining, this is a wonderful starter.
Very good documentation and simple to assemble. Watched many youtubes; I.D.C. Woodcraft has some excellent ones using vectric software. This purchase got me hooked on CNC but be aware to do anything serious you should consider the 300 watt spindle upgrade. The stock unit is woefully underpowered in my opinion but then so are all the competitors in this price range. The Foxalien group on Facebook is very active and easy to get support.
This CNC is a great machine for someone who's never done CNC before. It has a few minor issues (Instruction manual are a bit weak) But I was able to get my test print running pretty quickly. Now as previous reviews have mentioned, Candle can be a bit wonky, especially if you've never done CNC before. But you just have to make sure you follow the instruction in the book. And if there's an error, hit google or the facebook group up. This machine is not for the faint of heart . But if your willing to put the time into it, the only regret you'll have is not getting the 4040XE because you'll want a bigger machine!
Great value, got the 300w spindle also. Works well for the money, could have a better design for z-axis wobble, but it hasn't affected any of my projects yet. Sorta wish I bought the 4040 for bigger projects.
Most of the bad reviews of this CNC machine are due to lack of understanding by the writers. Giving it one star because you don't know how to use the free design or sender software is short-sighted. You can use many different programs of your choice with this and most other CNCs. Buying and using a CNC is not like adding an inkjet printer to your computer. There is a fairly steep learning curve no matter which machine you choose. I don't think you can beat this machine for the money. It's well made and not difficult to assemble. There is a great Facebook group of fellow users willing to help you through the learning process. If you plan to use your CNC to start a business, I would recommend getting the larger FoxAlien 4040-XE instead. The 3018-SE is an inexpensive way to learn CNC and is great for small projects.
My kids & grandkids got me this for Christmas. I didn't have time to set it up for about a month after receiving it. When I did, it went together very easily and the mainly pictorial assembly instructions were more than adequate. I ordered a separate CNC offline controller from Amazon and when I hooked it up to operate the 3018-SE I discovered that the spindle motor did not operate. Upon troubleshooting, it appeared as though the 2-pin spindle motor connector on the control board was loose (bad solder joint). I emailed FoxAlien at the address they provide and, upon sending them a photo of the control board at their request, they agreed with my assessment and sent me a new board, from China to Long Island in about 5 days. A single representative handled my claim over multiple emails and was highly competent and professional. The 3018-SE works as intended now. Now that I have a working machine, I am about to learn more about CNC. I am very pleased with the high level of customer support I experienced and feel that it should be acknowledged.
This is a very well designed and capable machine at this price point. My unit arrived with hours (not days) of ordering which is pretty incredible. I don't know that this is typical order time, but it is definitely work mentioning. Other items I have ordered from FoxAlien have been shipped and arrived promptly. Some of the reasons I went with this machine over other similar machines are as follows:
1. Availability of upgrade parts & replacement parts
2. Availability of accessories
3. Customer interaction and service is top notch
This thing had me laughing through the whole assembly process. It took about 2 hours of tinkering with the adjustments to put this together. The acrylic panel mounts are out of alignment so I had to move them around to get a good seal and fitment. The pre-drills of the front panel are so small that they actually cracked slightly around the holes when I screwed the hinges on. More aesthetics than anything, but still, not expecting poor workmanship on something priced this high. The magnet is so weak that it doesn't keep the door shut, had to add a neodymium magnet to make it work. Oh and also, foam, so much foam in the packaging. Other than that, the instructions are well written, pictures makes it super clear and straight forward.
Once all that was done, I booted it up and the machine was stuck in the alarm status, nothing would move. The way to get it going is to home the machine. It comes with 4 clamps which are a pain to run with on smaller work pieces. I saw in a video that there was vices available, which seem like the wiser option but at a hefty 80$. The V bits included are good enough to get you started, sizes are 0.70, 0.75, 0.80 x4, 0.85, 1.00, 1.200 and the last one is unmarked so I'm not sure what it is. So far I am pretty new to CNC and haven't done much with it aside from engraving wood and a lighter. I believe it's a good machine to start learning though as it's not outrageously priced and it can do quite a bit given you have the correct bits. The fact that there's an enclosure is perfect for beginners like me as I won't have flying shards going about the room if something were to snap.