FoxAlien CNC Machine Hot Wire Cutter HW40
SKU: CNC-HW40-Machine-1 |
- FoxAlien HW40 hot wire cutting machine is a CNC machine using heating resistance wire to cut foam materials. It is capable to make models, molds, silhouettes, and decorations for architects, art and craft designer, and DIY makers. It is a great tool for home use and workshop.
- The HW40 can handle a variety of foam materials such as foam board, EPP foam (Expanded polypropylene), EPE foam (Expandable Polyethylene), EPS foam (Expanded Polystyrene), EVA foam (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate), sponge foam, and thermoplastic foam.
- It is a Grbl-based CNC cutting machine, which is more accurate and efficient than traditional hot wire cutters by hand. The HW40 can make more complicated patterns and cylindrical objects. It can make 2D cutting and 3D cutting.
- It equips with a 32-bit control board. The cutting speed is 0-1000mm/min. Temperature changes by adjusting the output voltage. The highest temperature is 400 Celsius (752 Fahrenheit). The diameter of the resistance wire is 0.25mm. There is a red-light strip inserted in the base frame. It will light up when the machine starts to heat as a warning sign.
- Home function and emergency stop are integrated in the controller box. The active working area is 400x400mm (15.75x15.75 inches). It is compatible with Grbl software such as UGS, Candle and Inkscape etc. It can be used in Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
This special offer will be shipped from the China warehouse by sea. It usually needs 25-30 days for the delivery.
FoxAlien HW40 hot wire cutting machine is a CNC machine using heating resistance wire to cut foam materials.
It uses a 32-bit control board. Home function and emergency stop are integrated into the controller box. It is convenient for maintenance.
Resistance wire is replaceable. The included wire is 0.25mm in diameter. It is be replaced by other size wire according to the cutting needs.
It can make 2D and 3D cuttings.
Handle variety of foam material:
EPP foam (Expanded polypropylene)
EPE foam (Expandable Polyethylene)
EPS foam (Expanded Polystyrene)
EVA foam (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate)
Great for home use and workshop:
DIY home and party decoration
Make model and mode for art designer and architect
DIY teaching aids for kids
Working Area: 400 x 400mm (15.75” x 15.75”)
Input Voltage: 110V/220V
Resistance Wire Input Voltage: 0-30V
Resistance Wire Diameter: 0.25mm
Stepper Motor: NEMA 17
Moving Speed: 0-1000mm/min
Limit Switch: X-axis, Y-axis
Support OS: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Linux, Mac OS
Software: UGS, and other GRBL compatible software
1x HW40 Hot Wire Cutting Machine
1x Controller Box
2x Testing Material
Good, pro active, customer service
This machine was super simple to put together and the instructions kept it super simple. I got it built in under 30 minutes and I was already testing it through the motions. Software is easy but does have a learning curve if you haven’t used it before.