CNC Router Machine 4040-XE
SKU: CNC-4040-XE |
- 4040-XE CNC Router uses 300W spindle and NEMA23 stepper motors, which are more powerful and efficient. Max moving speed is 2000mm/min and spindle speed range is 0~10000.
- Control board, power supply, emergency stop, and wires are integrated into a newly design box, which is simple for operation, easy to clean and safe. The controller has a 3.5” touchscreen LCD which also functions as an offline controller.
- It’s capable to engrave, cut and drill many different kinds of material such as wood, metal, MDF, acrylic, foam, resin, nylon, fiber carbon, PCB and etc. It’s great for home use and business.
- Large engravable area of 15.75”x15.75”x2.17” (400x400x55mm). It’s capable to handle both small and large material. The CNC machine is based on GRBL, it is compatible with GRBL-control software.
- Easy assembly. Main parts are pre-assembled, it only takes 15-30mins to fully assembly. Wires are labeled clearly for fast connection and bundled into drag chain for easy management.
FoxAlien CNC Machine 4040-XE covers a year warranty and free lifetime customer service, buy with confidence.
FoxAlien 4040-XE is an CNC router with large engraving area of 15.75”x15.75”x2.17” (400x400x55mm), which has a powerful 300W spindle and support up to 15000mW laser module.
4040-XE is an extreme and advanced CNC router in FoxAlien family. With the powerful spindle and stepper motors, it has better performance and high accuracy in engraving and cutting different types of material.
- Model: 4040-XE
- Active Working Area: 15.75 x 15.75 x 2.17 inch (400*400*55mm)
- Spindle Power: 300W
- Stepper Motor: NEMA 23
- Accuracy: 0.1mm
- Maximum Moving Speed: 2000mm/min
- Input Voltage: 110V/220V
- Input Current: 110V/10A; 220V/5A
- Control Method: Computer & Controller
- Support Software: Compatible with Grbl-control software
- Support OS: Windows XP/7/8/10, Linux, Mac OS
- Machine Size: 29.92 x 24.4 x 14.17 inch (760*620*360mm)
- 1x 4040-XE CNC Router (main parts pre-assembled)
- 1x Controller
- 1x 300W Spindle
- 1x MDF working table
- 10x Engraving Bits
- 10x Nano Blue Coating End Mills (0.8mm-3.175mm, 1/8” shank)
- 4x Hold-down Clamps
- 1x Power Supply
- 1x USB Card Reader
- 1x Memory Card
- 1x Z Probe
- 1x User Manual
- Packs of screws and tools
Shipping and packaging were both excellent. I was able to assemble the cnc in less than an hour. The parts fit perfectly with no misalignment. The hardware is packaged in a divided tray and clearly marked as to which bolts go where.. The included user manual was very helpful and easy to follow. Great picture's made the assembly simple.
The machine was square for the most part right out of the box with no adjustments except the z axis did need a little squaring up. Very simple procedure. Be sure to use the bottom holes for the spindle plate. Mount the spindle about an inch below the bracket and the shorter bits will work fine.
The wiring is pre-installed in the drag chains and mount with two drag chain brackets. There is plenty of wire to use the controller on either side of the machine. All the connections are color coded and clearly marked as to what goes where.
I have been able to cut 3/4 inch material with the 300 watt spindle but this can be upgraded to a Dewalt or makita router with a different bracket.
The 4040 xe runs flawless with Easel software as the post processor. When setting up with Easel the first time be sure to use "other" and select FoxAlien then 4040 xe from the set up menu. Easel is very easy to learn.
I have had no problems with the machine whatsoever and would recommend it to anyone looking to get started in cnc work. Can't beat it in this price range.
So far everything is great, had a broken belt when I opened the box but thankfully they gave 2 extras so it was an easy fix. Probably more of a shipping problem than manufacture problem. I’ve only had it a couple of weeks but so far everything works like it should and it has produced great results considering my limited experience. I am experienced with diode laser and cnc is very similar as far as construction of the machine. Very happy with my purchase so far.
Just wanted to share my appreciation to FoxAlien and Albee Ye ([****]) for their continued support and excellent customer service. I would recommend their products and this support page to anyone even thinking about CNC.
Customer service is superb. Very communicative and genuinely helpful. A positive and refreshing purchasing experience. Machine is still in the assembly stage, but it looks well engineered and I have high hopes for using it. FoxAlien - Highly recommended.
Learning all aspects
Machine seems durable enough for my tasks, but still a couple things
Haven't totally solved stuttering on Y axis
Loosening things solved most.
Assembly was fun, it was the broken cold solder joint in the plug that I didn't expect.
Summary, value well worth the cost
This machine is perfect in this price range. Added the DeWalt dwp611 and it handled it with ease.
One of the best things about the Fox Alien is the support that you get. We have been very happy with our machine.
Works as promise
This is my first CNC machine and a fully considered purchase.
Assembling the machine was straight forward, the parts were laid out well in the box and clearly labelled. The assembly instructions were clear and well thought out, from unpacking to fully assembled took about an hour.
By far the biggest learning curve was the software, but as always YouTube is your friend.
I have found that Carbide Create and Carveco seem to be fairly intuitive and easy to use.
Note: If you choose to use Carveco remember to output your Gcode files as "Grbl (mm) (*gcode)" file format so that the Foxalien machine understands the commands, took me many hours of trial and error to find the correct file format.
Thoughts after 3 weeks of use.
I am really pleased with the Foxalien 4040-XE and I would buy again.
Spend some time practicing, don't jump in with an expensive piece of timber and expect to get it right straight away.
The machine has worked flawlessly, the only fault is that the crocodile clip broke loose from the Z-Probe cable causing the Z axis to gouge a small dent in the probe, small easily rectifiable problem.