Q1: The USB drive is corrupted and has no files in it. How can I get the files and documents?
Please download the files at these links:
Digital manuals & test files:
CH340 driver: http://www.wch-ic.com/search?t=all&q=CH340
Grbl(Candle) software: https://github.com/Denvi/Candle
Q2: Driver installation fails. It shows error messages. And no COM is detected.
If it shows error message during installation, connect the USB to the cnc machine, and then check if the COM is detected successfully.
If yes, we can ignore the error message, and continue to the next step.
If no COM, please download the driver again, and re-install. Check USB port and make sure it is completely connected. Or use another USB port for connection.
Please check this video for driver and software installation step by step:
Q3: When I connect the software, it says “port open”.
- Check the E-stop, make sure it is not pressed down. If it is pressed down, the machine cannot work even though you click unlock. In this case, you need to release the E-stop first, and then click unlock.
- Check the limit switch. If any axis triggers the limit switch, the machine will lock, too. In this case, please follow this video to solve the limit switch problem.
Please refer this video about how to solver limit switch problem:
Q4: I connect the machine to software successfully, but it can’t move any axis.
- Each time you power on the machine, you need to click “unlock” button first, and then it can work.
- Check the E-stop and limit switch as Q3.
Q5: I can’t engrave a circle but an oval, or the engraving is distorted, what should I do?
- Check the belts tension. If the belts are loose, the machine will lose steps. Make sure the belts are tight enough.
Check this video tutorial for belt adjustment: https://www.foxalien.com/blogs/news/how-to-adjust-the-belts-on-cnc-machine-4040-xe
- Tighten the set screws on the synchronous wheel
- Check the blue coupler and make sure the set screws are tightened. Loosen coupler may cause losing steps during engraving and lead to inaccuracy.
Q6: The machine loses steps, or the stepper motors stutter. How can I fix it?
When the machine loses steps during engraving, or the Y motors move unsmoothly, please follow bellowed steps to make the adjustment:
- Check the belts tension. Make sure the belts are not loose, but yet not too tight.
Please check this instruction for belt adjustment: https://www.foxalien.com/blogs/news/how-to-adjust-the-belts-on-cnc-machine-4040-xe
- Check the screw on the synchronous wheels. Make sure the set screw is tightened.
- Check all the screws on the Y-motor part, make sure all screws are tightened. If some screws are loose, the wheels may not be able to attach to the rail and belt tightly to move the machine.
Q7: Why does not the screen on the controller box light up when I power on the machine?
If the machine is set to “PC” mode, the screen will not turn on when turning on the controller box.
The screen will light up when it is set to “Controller” mode.
Computer control and controller control cannot be used at the same time; otherwise, it may cause errors or conflicts.
Q8: I install the laser on 4040-XE, but I can’t get the laser on. No light on the laser module.
When changing the machine to a laser engraver, we need to set it to “Laser” mode on the controller box. Remember to set it back to “Spindle” mode when using the spindle.
Q9: I select the “Laser” mode, and the light on the laser module is on, but no laser beam comes out when I send M3 S1000. I can’t get anything engraved. Is the laser broken?
The default maximum S value of 4040-XE is set to 10000 for the spindle. So, the maximum S value for laser is 10000, too. In this case, S1000 is just 1/10 of the laser power, it is too weak to see the laser beam. Try with higher S value.